Yield: Serves 16
Prep Time: 30 minutes + chill time
Pumpkin Cheese Ball
This fall-themed dip, in the shape of a small pumpkin, is topped with a broccoli stalk for the stem. It makes for a fun autumn appetizer.
- 16 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 8-ounce package light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 8-ounce container chive-and-onion cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 stalk broccoli
- red and green apple wedges or baguette slices
- Combine cheddar cheese, cream cheeses, paprika and red pepper in a bowl until well blended. Cover and chill 4 hours or until mixture is firm enough to be shaped.
- Shape mixture into a ball to resemble a pumpkin. Smooth entire outer surface with a frosting spatula or table knife. Make vertical grooves in ball, if desired, using fingertips. Or use long strips of carrot peel to mark the grooves in the pumpkin.
- Cut florets from broccoli stalk and reserve for another use. Cut stalk to resemble a pumpkin stem, and press into top of cheese ball. Serve cheese ball with apple wedges or baguette slices.