This is a go-to recipe that you’ll make over and over again. Everyone seems to love it, and it is really easy! This recipe serves a small crowd.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Yield: One large 9x13-inch pan of dip (great for a crowd)
Prep Time: 20 minutes + baking time
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, boiled, drained and shredded with two forks
12 ounce bottle of Frank's or Crystal's brand hot sauce (do not use Tabasco)
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese (okay to use low fat)
1 (16 ounce) bottle of Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese or Sharp Cheddar cheese (or a combo of both)
celery sticks & chips, for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In the pan, combine chicken with hot sauce- spreading to form an even layer.
3. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine cream cheese with dressing, stirring until smooth and hot. Pour this mixture evenly over chicken layer in pan. Sprinkle celery over the top.
4. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Then sprinkle cheese on top and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes until hot and bubbly. Watch closely... you don't want the top to brown or it will form a crust.
5. Let stand 10 minutes before serving hot/warm with celery sticks and/or any sturdy dipping chip.
Recipe Source: CLBB