Just another amazing hot artichoke dip… only this one has added mushrooms and peppers- even better!
Hot Artichoke and Asiago Cheese Dip
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25 min
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded Asiago (or Parmesan) cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
1 cup jarred roasted red sweet peppers, drained
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup sliced green onions
fresh parsley leaves (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 1 1/2-quart baking dish or 9-inch glass pie plate with nonstick spray.
2. In a food processor, combine cream cheese, Asiago cheese, and garlic. Cover and process until mixture is combined. Add artichoke hearts, 1 cup roasted peppers, mushrooms and green onion. Cover and pulse just until finely chopped (not pureed).
3. Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Spread mixture evenly in dish.
4. Cover with foil or lid and bake dip about 25 minutes or until heated through.
5. Serve the warm dip with pita chips. If desired, garnish dip with sprigs of parsley.
*If you don't have a food processor, you may also use a hand mixer. Beat cream cheese and Asiago cheese on medium to high speed until combined. Finely chop garlic, artichoke hearts, 1 cup roasted peppers, mushrooms and green onion. Stir into cheese mixture. Transfer to baking dish and bake as directed.
Source: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens)