Just another amazing dip: Hot Artichoke and Asiago Cheese Dip… only this one has added mushrooms and peppers- even better!
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Hot Artichoke and Asiago Cheese Dip
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded Asiago (or Parmesan) cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup jarred roasted red sweet peppers, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- pita chips
- fresh parsley leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 1 1/2-quart baking dish or 9-inch glass pie plate with nonstick spray.
- In a food processor, combine cream cheese, Asiago cheese, and garlic. Cover and process until mixture is combined. Add artichoke hearts, 1 cup roasted peppers, mushrooms and green onion. Cover and pulse just until finely chopped (not pureed).
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Spread mixture evenly in dish.
- Bake dip about 30 to 40 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
- Serve the warm dip with pita chips. If desired, garnish dip with sprigs of parsley.
- If you don't have a food processor, you may also use a hand mixer. Beat cream cheese and Asiago cheese on medium to high speed until combined. Finely chop garlic, artichoke hearts, 1 cup roasted peppers, mushrooms and green onion. Stir into cheese mixture. Transfer to baking dish and bake as directed.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens)