Endive leaves are perfect for holding delicious fillings, thus making them a natural to use as an appetizer for this Endive with Shrimp Salad. This recipe is for a simple, fresh mix of lemon scented shrimp and goat cheese.
Yield: 20 appetizers
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Endive with Shrimp Salad
- 8 ounces medium cooked shrimp, finely chopped
- 3 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 20 whole endive leaves (from about 3 heads)
- In a small bowl, combine shrimp, cheese, chives, and juice; season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- When ready to serve, place 1 tablespoon of mixture on each endive leaf, and top with additional chives.