Easy Stuffed Mushrooms
My Mother has been making this very simple two-ingredient appetizer recipe for a long time. Year after year, she impresses people at her annual Christmas party who huddle around her as they come out of the oven because they disappear so quickly!
- 1 pound white button mushrooms
- 1 10-ounce tube Jimmy Dean Pork Light Sausage (or 10 ounces of any sausage)
- sprigs of Italian Parsley for garnish, optional
- Clean mushrooms. Pat dry and gently pull off stems. Cut rough ends off of the stems & then chop the rest of the stems finely. With a small spoon, gently scoop out centers of mushrooms.
- In a medium bowl, mix chopped stems and mushroom meat from the centers with the sausage. Fill mushrooms with a spoonful of sausage mixture. It's okay to mound up the sausage slightly since it will tend to shrink down when cooked.
- Arrange in glass baking dish with 3 tablespoons water in the bottom of the dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Top each mushroom with a tiny sprig of Italian parsley (if using) and serve immediately.