This recipe is so quick to whip up for a weekend breakfast: Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Yield: 8 to 12 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 6 slices bread, trimmed
- 16 ounces sausage (such as Jimmy Dean)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup half and half cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- dash of ground nutmeg
- Spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place the bread in a single layer in the prepared dish (cut pieces to fit).
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat; spoon off any accumulated fat. Sprinkle the cooked sausage over the bread. Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over the sausage and cheese layers.
- Bake now, or cover and place in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, remove from refrigerator and bring to room temperature (about 1/2 hour). Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes. The top should brown up nicely.