A classic recipe for Quiche Lorraine
Yield: 2 quiches
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 2 unbaked 9-inch pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 bunch green onions, minced
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 slices bacon, chopped, fried until crisp & drained
- 4 thin slices of ham, shredded
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, grated
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- dash of nutmeg
- dash of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Press pie crusts into two 9-inch pie pans and crimp the edges. Bake for 10 minutes in a 400 degree oven. Then reduce oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sauté onions and mushrooms in the butter until softened. Layer bacon, onion/mushrooms, ham and cheese in the two crusts.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs with the remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into filled crusts and bake for 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.