Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 35 min
1/2 cup minced shallots
1/2 cup dry white wine
6 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
3 cups heavy whipping cream
dash of freshly grated nutmeg
12-ounces shredded Gruyère cheese
One 10-inch pie crust, pre-baked
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small saucepan, bring shallots and wine to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper over eggs. Whisk in cream, nutmeg and wine-shallot mixture.
4. Sprinkle grated cheese evenly over pastry shell. Pour in custard mixture.
5. Bake 25-35 minutes, or until golden brown and firm in the center. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting.