Yield: 10 slices of French Toast
Prep Time: 20 min + overnight in fridge
Cook Time: 50 min
1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup salted butter
Ten 1-ounce slices soft French bread
2 1/2 cups 1% lowfat milk
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Spray 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Combine brown sugar, corn syrup and butter in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until mixture is bubbly, stirring constantly. Pour mixture evenly into prepared pan.
3. Arrange the bread slices in a single layer over the syrup in the dish.
4. Combine milk and next 4 ingredients (through eggs) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Pour egg mixture over bread slices. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
5. When ready to cook... preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over bread.
7. Bake for 50 minutes or until golden. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.