Delicious, lighter choice for a fall cake…
Yield: 10 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 45 min
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups fresh cranberries
1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
2 large eggs
3/4 cup canned pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
2. Pour melted butter into pan, tilting to evenly cover the whole pan. Sprinkle brown sugar over butter.
3. Sprinkle the cranberries and almonds over the brown sugar mixture.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin purée, and oil.
5. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture. Carefully spread the batter over the cranberry-almond mixture in the pan.
6. Bake 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Place a large plate or platter on top of the cake. Invert, then remove pan. Cool before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Serving size: 1/10th of the cake
Calories per serving: 305
Fat per serving: 10g
Saturated Fat per serving: 2.31g
Sugar per serving: 32.5g
Fiber per serving: 3g
Protein per serving: 5g
Cholesterol per serving: 48.4mg
Carbohydrates per serving: 51g
WW POINTS per serving:
Points Plus Program: 8 Old Points Program: 6.5
Source: RecipeGirl.com (via Health)