Cherry- Almond Glazed Pork Roast
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 2 hr
3 pounds pork loin roast
salt and pepper to taste
12 ounces cherry preserves
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper on roast and rub in. Place roast on a roasting rack in a shallow baking pan.
3. Roast uncovered for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
4. While roast is cooking, combine preserves, corn syrup, vinegar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes more. Add almonds. Reduce to low; keep sauce warm.
5. When meat is done roasting (meat thermometer should register 160°), spoon enough hot cherry sauce over the roast to glaze. Return to the oven for an additional 30 minutes, or until meat thermometer reaches 170° F. Baste roast with sauce several times during the last 30 minutes.
6. Slice roast and serve with remaining sauce.
*If you are preparing this recipe as gluten-free, just be sure to use a brand of cherry jam that is known to be GF.