My family likes to eat this easy-to-make Slow Cooker Pork Barbecue over cooked orzo pasta or polenta, or you can certainly make some delicious sandwiches out of it too!
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 9 hours
Slow Cooker Pork Barbecue
- 5 pounds bone-in pork loin roast
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- tabasco sauce to taste
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt to taste
- Place the pork in your slow cooker, fat side up. Rub with garlic and top with onion (no liquid is necessary). Cook on low for 9 to 10 hours, or until pork pulls apart fairly easily. Remove to a platter to cool. Once cooled, pull the pork apart and place in a large skillet (or Dutch oven).
- Prepare sauce: Combine all sauce ingredients in saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat.
- Add the sauce to the pork. Stir in the lemon juice, vinegar and tabasco (to taste). Cook over medium heat until bubbly, or place in a 375 oven for about 25 minutes.
- My family likes to eat this over cooked orzo pasta or polenta, or you can certainly make some delicious sandwiches out of it too!