MOSTACCIOLI- SPINACH BAKE
8 ounces uncooked mostaccioli (about 3 cups uncooked tubular-shaped pasta)
2 Tbs butter, divided
1 cup vertically sliced onion
2 tsp minced garlic
¼ cup flour
2½ cups non fat milk
1¼ cups pre-shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
1½ tsp dried Italian seasoning
½ tsp pepper
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
¼ cup dry breadcrumbs
2 Tbs pre-shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; set aside.
3. Melt 1 Tablespoon butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds. Gradually add milk; cook 4 minutes or until bubbly. Stir in ¼ cup cheese, Italian seasoning, and pepper; remove from heat.
4. Combine pasta, cheese sauce, 1 cup cheese, tomatoes, and spinach in a bowl; stir well. Spoon mixture into a 13×9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
5. Combine breadcrumbs, 2 Tablespoons cheese, and 1 Tablespoon butter; sprinkle over pasta mixture.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Yield: Serving size 1 1/2 cups
Recipe Source: Cooking Light
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]