Spaghetti w/ Cremini Mushrooms, Lemon & Thyme
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 25 min
A delicious way to jazz up spaghetti...
1 pound spaghetti
1 cup coarse fresh bread crumbs (from 2 slices firm white sandwich bread)
3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, divided
1 1/2 pounds cremini mushrooms, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices (6 cups)
1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
3 cloves garlic chopped (1 Tablespoon)
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan Cheese, plus additional for serving
lemon wedges for garnish
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until barely al dente.
2. While pasta is cooking, stir together bread crumbs, 1 Tablespoon olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl until combined well. Transfer to a 12-inch heavy skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, 3 to 5 minutes, then return to bowl.
3. Heat 2 Tablespoons butter and remaining 2 Tablespoons oil in skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then sauté mushrooms, stirring until golden, about 4 minutes. Add zest and garlic and sauté, stirring, until mushrooms exude liquid about 3 minutes. Add Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice and cook until most of liquid is evaporated, about 2 minutes. Stir in thyme, pepper and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt.
4. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water, then drain pasta in a colander.
5. Transfer mushrooms to pasta pot, then add 1/2 cup reserved cooking water and bring to a boil. Stir in parsley and remaining 2 Tablespoons butter. Return pasta to pot and add cheese, tossing to combine. If pasta seems dry, moisten with more cooking water.
6. Serve pasta sprinkled with bread crumbs and additional cheese.
Source: RecipeGirl.com (via Epicurious)