Yield: 4 servings (4 pancakes)
Prep Time: 35 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Poached Orange Roughy w/ Tomato & Fresh Herb Sauce
2 large tomatoes
1 cup bottled clam juice
1/2 cup dry white wine
5 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 bay leaf
Four 6-ounce orange roughy fillets
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
salt and pepper to taste
1. Blanch tomatoes in medium saucepan of boiling water (30 seconds). Drain and cool slightly. Peel, halve and seed tomatoes.
2. Bring clam juice, wine, lemon juice and bay leaf to a boil in a large skillet. Add fish, cover and simmer until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
3. Transfer fish to plates using slotted spatula. Tent fish with aluminum foil to keep warm.
4. Pour 1/2 cup of fish cooking liquid into the blender, discarding bay leaf. Add tomatoes and purée. Pour purée into a small saucepan. Add olive oil and bring to a boil. Mix in fresh herbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Spoon sauce over fish and serve.
*Tilapia may be substituted for the orange roughy.
*To save time on cooking day, prepare tomatoes a day in advance and refrigerate.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Serving size: 1 fillet with sauce
Calories per serving: 245
Fat per serving: 8.25g
Saturated Fat per serving: 1g
Sugar per serving: 4.5g
Fiber per serving: 1.5g
Protein per serving: 26g
Cholesterol per serving: 34mg
Carbohydrates per serving: 11g
WW POINTS per serving:
Points Plus Program: 6 Old Points Program: 6
Source: RecipeGirl.com (via Bon Appetit)
Mahi Mahi with White Wine and Fresh Mangoes Next Post »
Grilled Snapper with Orange- Almond Sauce