Grilled Swordfish w/ Mango Salsa & Grilled Pineapple
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 45 min
1 whole mango, diced
1 small red onion, diced
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
diced jalapeños (optional)
8 ounces wild rice
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 whole carrot, peeled and diced in 1/4-inch pieces
2 ribs celery, diced in 1/4-inch pieces
2 whole shallots, diced in 1/4-inch pieces
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 pounds swordfish, cut into 4 steaks
1/2 whole pineapple, cored removed and cut into 4 wedges
1. Prepare Salsa: Mix all ingredients and season to taste. Add jalapeños for heat, if desired. Chill until ready to serve.
2. Cook the wild rice according to package directions.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté carrots, celery and shallots in the olive oil. When vegetables are translucent, add the wild rice and salt and pepper to taste, and cook until rice is warm.
4. Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill swordfish and pineapple on hot grill.
5. Scoop rice onto four plates, top with grilled swordfish and a dollop of mango salsa. Garnish with grilled pineapple.