This is a droolworthy recipe for shrimp lovers: Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Chipotle Butter
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Chipotle Butter
- 20 extra large shrimp, de-veined, shell on
- 1/2 cup cajun seasoning
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons canned chipotle chile paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 medium lemons, zested and juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate shrimp in cajun seasoning, olive oil, lemon and cilantro for 3 to 4 hours.
- Heat grill or broiler to medium-high heat. Grill the shrimp with the shells on. The shells keep the meat moist and add a whole new realm of flavor to the shrimp. This should take 8 to 10 minutes. Baste with marinade repeatedly while cooking. Before serving, slip shells off.
- Mix the melted butter, chipotle chile, garlic, lemon juice and zest, and season with salt and pepper as needed. Use this mixture to drizzle on top of the cooked shrimp.