Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes + chill time
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Grilled Marinated Shrimp
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- lime wedges for garnish
- Mix together olive oil, lime juice and seasonings in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the raw shrimp to the marinade and refrigerate, covered, for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove from the marinade and grill over hot coals for 4 to 5 minutes, or until done. The shrimp may also be broiled. This takes about 8 minutes.
- Serve on a platter with lime wedges.