SHRIMP, ARTICHOKE & OLIVE KEBABS W/ FETA & ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE
1½ lbs extra-large (10 to 15 per pound) raw shrimp, peeled
3 Tbs olive oil
3 Tbs fresh lemon juice
1 Tbs minced garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
16 colossal black olives (from a 5 to 6-ounce can)
8 whole canned artichoke hearts (about 14-ounce cans)
12 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil
5 Tbs crumbled feta cheese
1. In a large bowl, stir together shrimp, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Prepare sauce: In a blender, purée the peppers with lemon juice, oil and salt and pepper to taste until light and smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Thread shrimp, olives and artichoke hearts onto 4 metal skewers, or bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water.
4. Grill kebabs on a preheated grill (or broil them on a rack set over a pan) until shrimp is just opaque and springy to the touch, 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
5. Transfer kebabs to a platter and sprinkle them with feta. Serve roasted pepper sauce on the side.
Recipe Source: Real Food
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]