SOY- SAKE SHRIMP W/ GINGER AIOLI
½ cup soy sauce
2 whole green onions, chopped
6 Tbs olive oil, divided
2 Tbs unseasoned rice vinegar
2 Tbs sake or dry Sherry
1 Tbs golden brown sugar
3 cloves garlic, chopped
24 de-veined peeled uncooked large shrimp (about 1½ pounds)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbs chopped peeled fresh ginger
cooked white rice
1. Combine soy sauce, green onions, 4 Tablespoons oil, vinegar, sake, brown sugar, and garlic in 13x9x2-inch baking dish; whisk marinade to blend. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour, turning shrimp occasionally.
2. Blend mayonnaise and ginger in food processor until smooth. Transfer ginger aioli to small bowl and refrigerate.
3. Drain marinade from shrimp to small saucepan; bring to boil. Whisk 2 Tablespoons boiled marinade into ginger aioli; reserve remaining boiled marinade.
4. Heat remaining 2 Tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; sauté until just opaque in center, about 4 minutes.
5. Mound rice in center of plates. Arrange shrimp around rice; drizzle with ginger aioli. Serve, passing reserved boiled marinade.
*This may also be served as a side dish- makes about 6 side-dish servings.
Recipe Source: Bon Appetit
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]
“My whole family loved this dish…especially the rice with mayonnaise and fresh ginger!!”