Great soup to make for a crowd- for a holiday gathering or get-together with family or friends: Potato Soup with Bacon
This is a creamy, wonderful soup. Kids will love it too.
Yield: 14 servings (3 1/2 quarts)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Potato Soup with Bacon
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 to 10 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 5 cups water
- One 12 -ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon and onion; drain and set aside.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the potatoes and carrot in water for 20 minutes or until tender (do not drain).
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and the bacon mixture. Cook for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Here are a few more potato soup recipes you might enjoy:
- Baked Potato Soup by Our Best Bites
- Low Fat Baked Potato and Bacon Soup by RecipeGirl
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Beer and Potato Soup by Baked by Rachel