HERB- CRUSTED LAMB & POTATOES
7 to 8 lb leg of lamb
2 large cloves of garlic, slivered
5 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs. + 2 tsp. dried thyme
2 Tbs dried rosemary
2 Tbs. + 1 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
2 tsp coriander
30 new potatoes, cut into quarters
1 tsp kosher salt
fresh rosemary sprigs
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Cut slits in lamb; place garlic slivers in the slits. Brush with 2 T. of olive oil.
3. Combine 2 T. thyme, rosemary, 2 T. pepper and coriander in a bowl and mix well. Pat the herb mixture evenly over the lamb. Arrange the lamb in a shallow roasting pan.
4. Combine potatoes, remaining 3 T. olive oil, remaining 2 t. thyme, remaining 1 t. pepper, salt and rosemary sprigs in a bowl, tossing to coat. arrange the potatoes around the lamb.
5. Roast 3-4 hours, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the leg registers 120 degrees for rare or until done to taste, stirring potatoes every 30 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, tent lamb with foil and let stand for 15 minutes. Slice as desired and serve.
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]