This is fabulous spread onto warm breakfast breads: Spiced Pear Butter
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Spiced Pear Butter
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 medium very ripe pear, unpeeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- In a food processor, process the butter for about 20 seconds. With the motor running, add the pear- a little at a time, through the feed tube, processing until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and process until well blended (20-30 seconds), scraping down the work bowl as needed.
- To store, pack the butter in a bowl, cover and refrigerate. Or, chill slightly and then roll into a log. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Serve the log cut into slices (for serving with breakfast breads).
- If you do not have a food processor, you can use a potato masher to work all of the ingredients together.
- If you are preparing this recipe as gluten-free, just be sure to use a brand of honey that is free of gluten.