Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Prep Time: 25 min + chill time
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 min
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1 medium lemon, rind grated, pith discarded, fruit chopped
1 medium naval orange, rind grated, pith discarded, fruit chopped
1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
3 cups fresh cranberries
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. In large saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, curry powder, ginger, cloves, allspice, cinnamon and 3/4 cup water and bring to a boil. Add the lemon rind and sections, the orange rind and sections and the apple. Simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Add 1 1/2 cups of cranberries, raisins and apricots and simmer 30-40 minutes.
3. Add remaining cranberries and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in the walnuts and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Transfer to a bowl and let cool. Cover and chill overnight, or for up to two weeks.
*The "pith" is the white bitter layer that lies between the outer peel and the flesh of the fruit. It's the part you want to discard.