Easy, delicious sauce to serve with chicken and meat: Balsamic Barbecue Sauce
Yield: 2 cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Balsamic Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a 2 quart saucepan. Simmer, uncovered, over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is reduced to about 2 cups (approx. 15 minutes).
- Use warm or at room temperature.
- This is a great sauce to use for barbecued chicken sandwiches.