The perfect recipe for a potluck: Pizza Pasta Salad
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Pizza Pasta Salad
- One 16-ounce package small shell pasta
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 1/2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- One 2.25-ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup prepared Italian dressing
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente; rinse under cold water and drain. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, bell peppers, tomato, green onions, mushrooms, pepperoni, olives, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Toss together, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, mix in the dressing and the cheese. Toss well.