Prep Time: 30 minutes
Spring Chicken Salad with Creamy Lime Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lime zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Jamaican jerk, Mediterranean or Greek seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- One 2.25-pound purchased whole roasted chicken
- 4 cups coarsely chopped fruit, such as pineapple, mango or kiwi
- 2 cups coarsely chopped and peeled jicama
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- Bibb lettuce
- 2 cups mesclun salad greens, cut into bite-sized pieces
- pea shoots or watercress sprigs
- Prepare creamy lime dressing by whisking together all dressing ingredients. Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove skin from chicken; discard. Remove meat from bones; discard bones. Coarsely chop chicken (you should have about 3 cups). In a very large bowl combine chicken, fruit, jicama, and green onion. Spoon about half the dressing over chicken mixture; toss to coat well.
- Line 6 individual serving plates with Bibb lettuce. Divide mesclun mix among plates. Arrange some of the chicken mixture on each plate. Top with pea shoots. Drizzle with some of the remaining dressing.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (via Better Homes and Gardens)