Honey Sweetened Low Fat Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Using miniature chocolate chips for this recipe allows the great, sweet flavor of chocolate to spread into all of the nooks and crannies along the tops of these delicious and healthy muffins.
- 1 1/4 cups mashed ripe banana
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons nonfat yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup whole grain oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mix first 6 ingredients (wet) together in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining dry ingredients (except for chocolate chips); add dry ingredients to wet and mix just until blended together (don’t over-mix).
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle top of each batter cup with the mini chocolate chips. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan and then remove muffins to a rack to cool completely.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1 muffin) Calories: 164, Fat per: 2.2g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sugar: 21.3g, Fiber: 2.4g, Protein: 3.2g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Carbohydrates: 35.7g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 6, Points Plus Program: 5, Old Points Program: 3