MACADAMIA & HONEY- CRUSTED LAMB
¾ cup dry white wine
2 Tbs chopped fresh rosemary
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbs dijon mustard
1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
½ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
2 racks of lamb (1½ lbs. each)
¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
½ cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
½ cup unseasoned dried breadcrumbs
¼ cup honey
1. Prepare marinade: In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine all marinade ingredients. Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
2. The racks of lamb must be “frenched.” You can ask your butcher to do this: Cut away the meat and fat from the ends of the ribs and remove the chine bone so that the rack can be easily carved at the table.
3. Place lamb racks in a 1 gallon lock top ziploc bag and pour the cooled marinade over them. Squeeze all the air out of the bag, seal, and place in a baking dish, and allow the lamb to marinate overnight or for up to 24 hours before roasting.
4. Position a rack in the upper two thirds of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F.
5. Prepare crust: In a small bowl, stir parsley, nuts and breadcrumbs together. Remove lamb from the marinade and pat very dry with paper towels so that the crust will adhere well. Pour the honey over the lamb racks, avoiding the bones, and use your fingers to spread the honey evenly. Using the palm of your hand and applying a slight amount of pressure, press the nut mixture over the meat. Cover the exposed rib bones with aluminum foil to keep them from burning and then place the lamb racks in a shallow roasting pan.
6. Roast lamb racks until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the lamb registers 125°F for medium-rare, about 30 minutes. Roast longer if you prefer. Remove the racks from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
7. To carve, separate the ribs but cutting between the bones. Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: Nordstrom Friends and Family Cookbook
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]