PISTACHIO- ENCRUSTED RACK OF LAMB
One 1.5-ounce slice day-old white bread
2½ Tbs finely chopped pistachios
½ tsp grated lemon rind
1 Tbs finely chopped parsley
2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
½ tsp salt, divided
2 Tbs finely chopped fresh chives
2 Tbs finely chopped fresh mint
1 Tbs Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
One 1½-pound French-cut racks of lamb (8 ribs), trimmed
mint sprigs for garnish, optional
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form to measure about 2/3 cup.
3. Combine breadcrumbs, nuts, rind, parsley, juice, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
4. Combine chives, mint, mustard, and garlic in a small bowl.
5. Sprinkle lamb with ¼ teaspoon salt. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add lamb rack; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Spread mustard mixture evenly over meaty portion of lamb rack. Carefully pat breadcrumb mixture into mustard mixture.
6. Place lamb on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 35 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 145° (medium-rare) to 160° (medium). Place lamb on a platter; cover with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before serving (temperature will increase 5° upon standing). Cut rack into 4 pieces (2 ribs per piece). Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Yield: 2 ribs per serving
Recipe Source: Wine, Food and Friends
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]
“My family loved this. Turned out perfectly. Followed directions exactly.”