Crostini with Clams
Yield: 16 appetizers
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
It's amazing how the simplest of recipes can be so good. This is one of them!
1 (6.5-ounce) can chopped clams
4 large slices of Italian bread (Ciabatta works great)
3 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 medium shallot, very finely chopped
olive oil for brushing
lemon wedges for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Drain liquid from can of clams; set aside.
3. Cut each slice of bread, then cut bread into quarters, set aside.
4. In a small frying pan, heat the butter, then cook the parsley with the shallot until shallot softens. Make a slight indentation in the middle of each piece of bread. Brush each piece of bread with olive oil, then put small amount of clam, then a small spoonful of the shallot/parsley mixture in the center of the bread.
5. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Serve at once, while still hot, with lemon sections.