In Your Face Banana Bread
If you're looking for a moist, dense banana bread that is full of banana flavor, this is it. Our whole family really enjoys this one.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed over-ripe bananas (about 5 bananas)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and brown sugar. Mix in the eggs and then the mashed bananas and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.