Sweet Smokin' Hot, Mango- Chipotle Guacamole
I worked really hard to perfect this recipe with the intention of entering it into a contest at the San Diego County Fair, and then I realized that I was not eligible (as a food professional) to enter :( So I'm sharing it with my readers instead. What do you think... prize winning capabilities?
- 2 medium perfectly ripe avocados (*see tips below)
- 1/2 medium lime, divided
- 2 Tablespoon sour cream (light is fine)
- 1 teaspoon chopped chipotle chile in adobo sauce, seeds removed (from a can)
- 1/2 teaspooon chipotle sauce (*see tips below)
- 3 slices Applewood Smoked Bacon, cooked 'till crisp & crumbled, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mango, divided
- 3 Tablespoons fresh salsa
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado roughly with a fork (leave some chunks). Squeeze the juice from 1/4 of a lime on top. Add sour cream, chipotles & sauce. Stir gently until combined.
- Mix in 2 slices of crumbled bacon, 1/2 cup mango and salsa.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle guacamole with juice of 1/4 of a lime. Sprinkle with remaining crumbled bacon and mango.
- Serve immediately (or soon) with tortilla chips and/or jicama slices.