Yield: 2 dozen muffins
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Fresh cranberries are utilized in this fall-themed muffin recipe...
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, halved
1 cup powdered sugar
4 cups all-purpose flour
6 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 to 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 12-cup muffin pans.
2. In a small bowl, toss berries with powdered sugar; set aside.
3. Sift flour and other dry ingredients together into a large bowl. Use a whisk to blend the dry ingredients together. Make a "well" in the middle of the dry mixture. Pour eggs, milk and butter into the well. Stir lightly just until the dry ingredients are moist.
4. Gently fold in berries. Scoop into prepared muffin pans 2/3 full.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into middle of muffin comes out clean.