Yield: 9 regular-sized muffins
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
Quick and Easy Banana Oat Muffins
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bananas, milk oil, egg and vanilla; mix well, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and remaining ingredients.
- Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until they are just combined.
- Spray 9 muffin cups with cooking spray (or use paper liners) and divide the batter evenly among the nine cups.
- Bake 16 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Nutritional Information per serving: (Serving size: 1 muffin)
- Calories 128, Fat 4.19g, Saturated Fat .51g, Sugar 8.73g, Fiber 2.09g, Protein 3.31g, Cholesterol 23.77mg, Carbohydrates 20.45g
- WW POINTS: Points Plus Program: 3 Old Points Program: 2.5
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (via Health Magazine)