Quick and Easy Banana- Oat Muffins
Yield: 9 regular-sized muffins
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 16 min
3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
2 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
1 large egg
1/2 cup skim milk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup white whole-wheat flour (or whole wheat flour)
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Combine bananas, oil, egg, milk, and vanilla in a medium bowl; mix well, and set aside.
3. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup and level with a knife. Whisk together flour and remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
4. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until they are just combined.
5. Spray 9 muffin cups with cooking spray (or use paper liners) and spoon 1/3 cup batter into each cup (cups will be full).
6. Bake 16 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.Nutritional Information per serving:
Serving size: 1 muffin
Calories per serving: 128
Fat per serving: 4.19g
Saturated Fat per serving: .51g
Sugar per serving: 8.73g
Fiber per serving: 2.09g
Protein per serving: 3.31g
Cholesterol per serving: 23.77mg
Carbohydrates per serving: 20.45g
WW POINTS per serving:
Points Plus Program: 3 Old Points Program: 2.5
Source: RecipeGirl.com (via Health Magazine)