Onion, Bacon and Spinach Frittata
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
2 slices turkey bacon, chopped
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
5 large egg whites, beaten
1 large egg, beaten
1 1/2 cups sweet Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon granulated white sugar
4 cups torn fresh spinach
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Cook chopped bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
3. In large bowl, combine bacon, pepper, nutmeg, egg whites and egg. Stir well and set aside.
4. Add onion to the skillet; cover and cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add water and sugar. Sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender and golden brown. Add spinach; cover and cook 2 minutes, or until spinach wilts. Gently stir in egg mixture and spread evenly in bottom of skillet. Cook over low heat 5 minutes or until almost set.
5. Wrap handle of skillet with foil; place skillet in the oven, and bake for 5 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake one more minute.
*If you are preparing this dish as GLUTEN- FREE, just be sure to use a brand of bacon that is known to be GF.Nutritional Information per serving:
Serving size: 1/2 of the frittata
Calories per serving: 212
Fat per serving: 7.8g
Saturated Fat per serving: 3.3g
Sugar per serving: .9g
Fiber per serving: 3.6g
Protein per serving: 21.7g
Cholesterol per serving: 115.7mg
Carbohydrates per serving: 13.8g
WW POINTS per serving:
Points Plus Program: 5 Old Points Program: 4
Source: RecipeGirl.com (I believe this recipe comes from an old Weight Watcher's cookbook)