Sweet Peach Muffins w/ Brown Sugar- Walnut Streusel
Yield: 20 to 24 regular-sized muffins
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 20 min
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups peeled, pitted, chopped fresh peaches
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with paper liners and spray the top part of the pan lightly with nonstick spray. Or simply spray the whole muffin pan with nonstick spray.
2. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
3. Whisk eggs, butter, sour cream and vanilla in a separate bowl until well-blended. Fold in the peaches.
4. Add wet mixture to flour mixture and stir just until blended (don't over mix).
5. Scoop batter into the prepared muffin cups with a large ice cream scoop. The batter should come to the top of the paper liner. Mix streusel ingredients in a small bowl until crumbly. Sprinkle muffin cups with the streusel topping and lightly press it into the muffin batter.
6. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins spring back when pressed lightly and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
7. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before attempting to remove them from the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Source: RecipeGirl.com (via The Foster's Market Cookbook)