This recipe has been featured in a post on The Recipe Girl blog: Grilled Vegetable Salad
Grilled Vegetable Salad
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 15 min
This is one of my all-time favorite salads to eat when I'm concentrating on eating light.
2 medium red bell peppers, halved and seeded
1 1/2 pounds chinese eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
1 medium sweet onion, cut into 8 wedges
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon granulated white sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
12 oil-cured olives, pitted and halved (optional)
1/4 cup fresh small basil leaves, chopped
1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a large bowl, combine peppers, eggplant, onion & cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
3. Place bell peppers and onion on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill until they become slightly charred, then turn and grill the other side. Add eggplant to the grill and do the same. As veggies finish grilling, remove them to a platter. Place tomatoes in a grill basket and toss until they are lightly charred, about 5 minutes. Remove to platter.
4. Slice bell peppers; place peppers and all other grilled vegetables in a bowl.
5. Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, vinegar, sugar and garlic. Slowly whisk in 2 Tablespoons oil. Drizzle dressing over veggies and toss.
6. Remove vegetables to a platter; add olives (if using), and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, basil and chives.
*Chinese eggplant is the long, skinny type. This is easiest to grill for this recipe since the slices are bite-sized pieces.
*Multi-colored cherry tomatoes make this dish even more colorful!Nutritional Information per serving:
Serving size: 3/4 cup
Calories per serving: 91
Fat per serving: 5.46g
Saturated Fat per serving: .73g
Sugar per serving: 4.18g
Fiber per serving: 4.22g
Protein per serving: 1.72g
Carbohydrates per serving: 10.75g
WW POINTS per serving:
Points Plus Program: 2 Old Points Program: 3
Source: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted from Cooking Light)