1 lb ziti
3 Tbs olive oil
3 Tbs butter
¼ lb Genoa salami, julienned (sliced in thin strips)
2 large egg yolks
½ cup heavy whipping cream
¼ cup Parmigiano- Reggiano cheese, grated (plus more for garnish)
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente (tender, but slightly firm to the bite).
2. Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil and butter. Add salami and cook until brown and crisp.
3. In a bowl, beat egg yolks. Add cream, cheese and pepper.
4. Drain pasta and add to the sauté pan. Sauté 30 seconds. Add egg mixture and sauté for 1 minute.
5. Top with additional Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]
“We made a double recipe of this for our big family reunion dinner. What a hit!”
-Kings Beach, CA