1 cup orange juice
1 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tbs reduced-fat mayonnaise
1½ Tbs fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1 tsp grated peeled fresh ginger
1 tsp fresh lime juice
½ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground red pepper
1 cup uncooked couscous
1½ cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
½ cup orange juice
½ tsp salt
1/3 cup chopped green onions
2 Tbs sliced almonds, toasted
1 Tbs unsalted butter
20 jumbo shrimp, peeled and de-veined (about ¾ lb.)
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
½ cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
1 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
½ tsp grated peeled fresh ginger
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbs canola oil
2 cups trimmed watercress
1. To prepare sauce: Bring 1 cup orange juice to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until reduced to ¼ cup (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat; cool completely. Stir in 1 Tablespoon cilantro and remaining sauce ingredients; set aside.
2. To prepare couscous, place couscous in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook 3 minutes or until toasted, stirring constantly. Add 1½ cups broth, ½ cup orange juice, and ½ teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Remoce from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; add onions, almonds and butter, stirring until butter melts.
3. To prepare shrimp, combine shrimp and egg white in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Combine panko, 1 teaspoon cilantro, ½ teaspoon ginger, and black pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add shrimp to the bag; seal and shake to coat.
4. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; arrange shrimp in a single layer in pan. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until done.
5. Place ¾ cup couscous on each of 4 plates; top each with ½ cup watercress and 5 shrimp. Drizzle each with 1½ tablespoons sauce.
Recipe Source: Cooking Light
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]
“LOVED this dish a lot. You couldn’t even tell that this was a lower fat recipe. We’ll be making this one again for sure!”
-New Haven, CT