Jalapeno Lime Shrimp
Jalapeno gives these shrimp just a tiny bit of a kick in this simple marinade for grilled shrimp kebabs. The sweetness balances it out nicely.
- 4 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 fresh jalapeños, seeded and sliced
- Combine all ingredients in a large zip bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Remove shrimp from bag; reserving marinade. Pour marinade into a small saucepan and heat to boiling; turn off heat and let cool down.
- Heat grill or broiler.
- Thread shrimp onto 12 skewers. Place skewers on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done, basting frequently with the cooled marinade.