Yield: 12 to 14 servings
Prep Time: 40 minutes + cooling & chill times
Cook Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Candy Corn Cheesecake
Plan to make this recipe one day ahead of serving so it has plenty of chilling time. The ultimate of Halloween sweets... this fancy schmancy Candy Corn Cheesecake turns out to be a showstopper at a Halloween Party.
- 2 cups finely crushed Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- yellow color paste (or gel)
- orange color paste (or gel)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, for topping
- candy corn, for topping decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 10-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray (see tips below if you only have a 9-inch pan).
- Prepare crust: In a medium bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes; remove from oven and let cool.
- Prepare cheesecake: In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, mascarpone, and sour cream. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add honey and sugar; beat until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down sides of bowl, and beat until smooth. Reduce speed to low. Add flour, cream, and vanilla, beating until combined. Divide batter into thirds, reserving one-third of the batter white. In one bowl, add a small amount of yellow color paste; whisk until combined and add more color until desired hue is reached. In a second bowl, repeat this process with the orange color paste.
- Pour yellow batter into baked cookie crust. Bake 30- 35 minutes, just until set and no longer jiggly. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Pour orange batter on top of the baked yellow layer. Bake for another 30 to 35 minutes, just until set and no longer jiggly. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Pour remaining untinted batter onto baked orange layer. Bake for another 30 to 35 minutes, just until set and no longer jiggly. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours. Gently run a sharp knife around the edge of the pan; then release the sides. Slide a long, sharp knife under the bottom of the crust and carefully slide the whole cheesecake onto a platter, removing the bottom of the pan (if you feel brave enough!)
- In a medium bowl, whip 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream at high speed until stiff peaks form; spread whipped cream on top of cheesecake; use candy corn to decorate.