Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Scalloped Garlic Potatoes
Unlike most scalloped potato recipes, this one does not contain any cheese. It's just a simple, creamy scalloped potato recipe. Sprinkle a little cheese in if you'd like!
- 5 medium Russet potatoes
- salt, to taste
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- chopped parsley for garnish, if you'd like
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter an 8x8x2-inch baking dish. (photo above shows the recipe doubled in a larger 9x13 pan)
- Peel and slice the potatoes (about 1/4-inch thick). Place one layer of potatoes in the baking dish; lightly season with salt and sprinkle with some garlic. Repeat layering with remaining potatoes and garlic. Pour milk evenly over the potatoes. Bake, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Remove the cover, drizzle the cream over the potatoes, then return to the oven and bake 45 minutes longer (uncovered).
- Serve hot; or if not serving right away, cool potatoes, cover snugly with foil and freeze until needed. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
TIP: Leftovers are good with breakfast as a side to eggs!