Yield: 30 to 40 pieces of fudge
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 10 min
This is an incredibly creamy, wonderful fudge. The two flavors in one bite is a nice surprise.
1 cup peanut butter chips
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
2 1/4 cups granulated white sugar
One (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
1 (5 ounce) can evaporated whole milk
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Line an 8" X 8" pan with foil and spray lightly with nonstick spray
2. In 2 separate heat-safe medium bowls, place 1 cup peanut butter chips in one and chocolate chips in the other
3. In a 3 quart sauce pan, combine sugar, marshmallow creme, evaporated milk and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; boil and continue to stir for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and quickly stir in vanilla.
4. Quickly stir one-half of the hot mixture into peanut butter chips and the other half into the chocolate chips. Stir the peanut butter mixture until fully melted and quickly pour into prepared pan. Stir the chocolate chip mixture until fully melted and carefully spread over top of peanut butter layer.
5. Let sit at room temperature until completely cool (or refrigerate). Cut into small squares.
Source: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted slightly from Culinary in the Country)