Chocolate Mascarpone Brownies

If there’s such a thing as “brownie heaven,” that’s where I am. Heavenly…. That’s what these are…

A rich, fudge-like brownie (no cakey stuff here) – the better quality chocolate that you choose to splurge on, the more amazing your brownies will be. If you’re lucky enough to have a Trader Joe’s in your area, they carry pretty decent chocolate bars as well as affordable mascarpone cheese. The mascarpone gives it a nice silky texture, and it’s topped off with a thick layer of ganache. Heavenly, for sure.

And they’re completely deserving of an ice cold glass of milk.

These Chocolate Mascarpone Brownies have risen to the top of my favorite-brownies-list. It’s now up there just ahead of Cappuccino Brownies and competing for first place with Oreo Chunk Brownies.

Hope you’ll take the time to enjoy them too!

This recipe can be found here: Chocolate- Mascarpone Brownies

31 Responses to “Chocolate Mascarpone Brownies”

Jessy and her dog Winnie — February 26, 2008 @ 8:34 PM

Oh my gosh. Those look absolutely *amazing* The next time I make brownies, I’m trying your recipe :)

Chuck — February 26, 2008 @ 9:03 PM

Hey Lori, sometimes it’s so hard having a food blog … there’s so many delicious foods to taste and savor.

Now, I have to add these Chocolate Mascarpone Brownies to my list.

I’m on a diet …. I’m off the diet, that seems to be my life these days. lol

Amy — February 26, 2008 @ 11:40 PM

WOW, these look amazing! I love fudgey brownies, and I can just imagine how creamy the mascarpone makes them…yum!

Deege — February 26, 2008 @ 11:45 PM

Well… there goes my diet! That looks very tempting. I may have to try it this weekend. YUM!

superluckykitchen — February 27, 2008 @ 12:17 AM

mascarpone? in something other than tiramisu? i want to hug the person who came up with this, i wonder what else we can share mascarpone wiht

Mandy — February 27, 2008 @ 12:28 AM

chocolate + mascarpone? heavenly. I want to have a piece of this now!

Jennifer — February 27, 2008 @ 1:40 AM

I made these, too, back earlier this year. So amazingly decadent and delicious!

HoneyB — February 27, 2008 @ 1:59 AM

The brownie looks so good, I wish I could have one right now! I will have to try this one out – I have only tried one recipe that I have made that was awesome and I’m looking for more! Thanks for the recipe!

michelle @ Us vs. Food — February 27, 2008 @ 2:42 AM

sweet baby jesus, now that there is a brownie.

of all the wonderful foodstuffs my people have gifted the world, mascarpone is one of my personal favorites.

Peter M — February 27, 2008 @ 2:53 AM

Lori, if the Gods ate brownies, it would be this one!

Kevin — February 27, 2008 @ 3:16 AM

That brownie looks so good! It looks nice and thick and almost fudge like. I am interested to see what the masrcarpone brings to the show. I will have to try these to find out. Bookmarked.

Kristin — February 27, 2008 @ 3:57 AM

Sinful! These look really great. I know just the brownie lover who will love these.

StickyGooeyCreamyChewy — February 27, 2008 @ 6:53 AM

OMG! Those brownies look so sinful, they should be illegal! Anything with mascarpone automatically goes to the top of my list!

Dhanggit — February 27, 2008 @ 3:19 PM

would love to try this brownies..this looks soo decadent…yummy forget about diet!!

VeggieGirl — February 27, 2008 @ 4:10 PM

Wow, brownie heaven is right – looks at those beauts!! yum!!

Manggy — February 27, 2008 @ 4:24 PM

You had me at “Chocolate.”

Then you said “Mascarpone,” so I threw my body at you :D

I love it! It’s so wonderfully decadent!

Elle — February 27, 2008 @ 5:14 PM

Oh. My. God. That’s the most sinful and amazing looking brownie I think I’ve ever seen. Lucky for me, we have a Trader Joe’s in the area…

Mike of Mike's Table — February 27, 2008 @ 5:55 PM

Now that looks absolutely delicious and I really like the inclusion of mascarpone! Looks like it ought to be very rich and fudgey…

and a p.s. I still owe you a meme post–I haven’t forgotten! :-)

Deborah — February 27, 2008 @ 6:20 PM

Wow – these look like the perfect brownie!!

Patricia Scarpin — February 27, 2008 @ 7:46 PM

These are so luscious!! And intensely dark… Mouthwatering!

Laura — February 28, 2008 @ 5:53 AM

Oooh, yummy, I have been looking for a use for some mascarpone cheese I have…

Mike of Mike's Table — February 28, 2008 @ 1:19 PM

weird–I could have sworn I had posted a reply here yesterday…

Well, nonetheless, these look awesome and incredibly rich! Very fudgey, chocolatey brownies are definitely a win in my book. And I really like the inclusion of mascarpone

Flanboyant Eats — February 28, 2008 @ 2:20 PM

oh my goodness. u just killed my diet.

thanks! :)

RecipeGirl — February 28, 2008 @ 3:01 PM

Goodness gracious these were well received! Thanks so much to all of you for taking the time to comment!

Jenny — February 28, 2008 @ 8:04 PM

Wow,
    I can hardly wait to get my hands on these brownies. I wish I had the time to make them today! What beautiful pictures too!

I just found your blog, I can tell I’ll be visiting often!!

Rosie — February 29, 2008 @ 7:08 PM

OH MY, look at your gorgeous brownies!! They look stunning :D

Rosie x

Tracy — March 2, 2008 @ 5:09 PM

Wow, those look amazing. Can you believe I’ve never used mascarpone? Whenever I go to buy it I balk at the price. I’ll have to do these for a special occasion.

And many thanks for the tip about the foodie blogroll. I’m glad my site is loading faster, and I don’t think there’s been a dropoff in traffic.

Shagun — March 3, 2008 @ 4:22 AM

I just made the brownies and they were mmmmm….delicious!!the texture made it extra delicious! i skipped the ganache, and added walnuts!

Anonymous — August 12, 2008 @ 12:00 AM

Hello! I made these for our daughter and son-in-law and put them in the freezer from my husband. He got up two nights in a row (middle of the night)and ate them. He said that they are the best brownies he has had in his life. I have to agree! These are truly the very best. Use very good chocolate and cocoa. I added some toasted walnuts and topped them with toasted nuts mixed with sugar before being toasted. Very yummy!

RecipeGirl — August 12, 2008 @ 12:05 AM

Anonymous… I’m so very glad you liked them so much too :) Thanks so much for commenting!

Ewelyn — January 29, 2009 @ 3:59 PM

Wow, I must try these someday, looks great!!!