Pan- Seared Shrimp with Chipotle- Lime Glaze

Looking for a light Mexican-style dinner, this recipe in my ever growing to-try pile caught my eye: Pan-Seared Shrimp with Chipotle-Lime Glaze.

Easy, fresh, and super-quick. Not spicy. The “glaze” is a simple mixture of chipotle chiles in adobo + some of the sauce, brown sugar, lime juice and cilantro. The whole recipe requires minimal prep and cooking time (especially if you buy the shrimp already peeled and deveined.)

This was a terrific main entree to our Pomegranite Mojitos and Black Bean Quesadillas with Corn Salsa. The quesadillas also incorporated lime juice and cilantro so they paired well together.

Where is dessert, you ask? Well, that would be in my next post!

The shrimp recipe can be found HERE.

More shrimp recipes can be found HERE.

More Mexican main-dish recipes can be found HERE.

8 Responses to “Pan- Seared Shrimp with Chipotle- Lime Glaze”

Kevin — March 7, 2008 @ 12:56 AM

Those shrimp look good and sound great! Shrimp is one of mu favorite seafoods. Bookmarked

StickyGooeyCreamyChewy — March 7, 2008 @ 1:40 AM

Sounds like a winner to me! What would we do without chipotles in adobo sauce? You can use them in so many things!

Peter M — March 7, 2008 @ 2:26 PM

Lori, chipotle has become one of my favourite flavours and if I eat that whole boat of shrimp..it becomes a meal! lol

Susan from Food Blogga — March 7, 2008 @ 7:06 PM

I just made shrimp tacos Saturday with chipotle lime mayo, so you know I love your recipe! Wish I could sneak a couple of those shrimp right now. (I’m starving!)

Jessy and her dog Winnie — March 7, 2008 @ 10:10 PM

Looks great! I’m always looking for new things to do with shrimp.

RecipeGirl — March 7, 2008 @ 10:41 PM

Hey Kevin- Thanks for stopping by. I think you’ll like it.

Sticky- I can’t believe how many times I use those chipotles in adobo. I’ve finally learned to separate them out and freeze them in little baggies.

Peter- I agree- I think I did eat this whole boat in the pic!

Susan- gotta love shrimp tacos!!

Jessy- hope you like it :)

Cookie baker Lynn — March 7, 2008 @ 10:43 PM

Mmm, if only there was sunshine on our deck I’d have this for dinner tonight. It all looks fabulous!

Rosie — March 10, 2008 @ 4:07 PM

Oooh this looks lovely and a great recipe for shrimps – stunning!!

Rosie x