Molten Chocolate Cakes with Irish Cream

We’ve got St. Patrick’s Day on the brain around here in the RecipeGirl house these days. I had been wanting to make these Molten Chocolate Cakes with Irish Cream for a long time now. Glad I did… yummy little treats.

I halved the recipe to make a quick and easy dessert at lunchtime for hubby and me. Very simple to whip up… the chocolate melts in the microwave with a little butter, then add a couple more ingredients and beat with an electric mixer, and pour into two little ramekins.

They puff up like little souffles. The Irish cream is simply a drizzle of Irish Cream liqueur. A great pairing!

You want to eat this just out of the oven to get the most out of the ooey-gooey, warm and decadent chocolate part hidden inside.

A quick and easy dessert for St. Paddy’s Day!

This recipe can be found HERE.

17 Responses to “Molten Chocolate Cakes with Irish Cream”

Jessy and her dog Winnie — March 12, 2008 @ 6:32 PM

*drool* Molten chocolate cake! With a name like that, you cant go wrong!

Peter M — March 12, 2008 @ 7:35 PM

This is one of the easiest yet tastiest desserts out there. I hope you two didn’t get too silly at lunch with the Irish Cream & all!

HoneyB — March 12, 2008 @ 11:40 PM

I have looked at recipes for Molten Chocolate cakes for the last few years but have never made one yet. I finally bought the ramekin dishes and I have the Irish Cream – hmmm, I’m getting closer! Thanks for the recipe!

Kevin — March 13, 2008 @ 12:16 AM

That looks so good and sounds so easy! Bookmarked.

Susan from Food Blogga — March 13, 2008 @ 12:47 AM

I could dive right into that molten cake. Not very ladylike, I know, but honest.

Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) — March 13, 2008 @ 3:31 AM

oooo, yummee I am most definitely trying this over the weekend.

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter — March 13, 2008 @ 9:45 AM

Lovely cake , looks very good and you have done it beautifully. Thanks for sharing it.

gabby h — March 13, 2008 @ 12:03 PM

Just found my dessert for next Monday! I have a few bars of Green & Black’s organic 70% bittersweet dark chocolate…think that will work?

Caroline online — March 13, 2008 @ 2:18 PM

More Irish goodies :) Note – I gave you an honorable mention on Twitter.

Chuck — March 13, 2008 @ 6:40 PM

Lori, are you reading my mind. I just bought a Molten Tin last week. They were on sale, so I bought two. Thanks to you I now have a recipe to try them out.

Thanks!

Brilynn — March 13, 2008 @ 6:56 PM

I keep seeing Irish cream dishes popping up everywhere and I love it! Looks great!

Jenny — March 13, 2008 @ 11:09 PM

Mmmm, I was just thinking about making molten cakes after watching the “cake” series of the Ultimate Recipe Showdown. Yours look beautiful!

Mike of Mike's Table — March 14, 2008 @ 2:29 AM

Always a great treat! Those look delicious and Irish cream seems like the perfect way to finish it.

Tracy — March 14, 2008 @ 3:41 AM

Like Jenny, I was thinking of molten chocolate cakes after watching the Ultimate Recipe Showdown on the Food Network. I’ve never made them, because I don’t have ramekins, but I may have to finally buy them.

Proud Italian Cook — March 14, 2008 @ 4:55 AM

I have to make this! My Hubby loves Irish cream, and with chocolate!! You make it sound so easy!! BTW, all your recipes look fantastic here. Nice blog you have!

RecipeGirl — March 14, 2008 @ 5:08 AM

Jessy- yep… I drooled for sure.

Peter- we’re always getting silly.

honeyb- easy peasy- you should make them!

kevin- thanks!

Susan- dive right in!

nina- hope you like it!

Anamika- thank you, and you’re welcome!

Gabby- that sounds great.

Caroline- I’m not familiar with Twitter, but thank you!!

Chuck- I never knew there was such a thing as a molten tin!

Brilynn- thank you!

Jenny- Shoot- I didn’t see that. I’ll have to look for the re-run.

Mike- love the Irish cream.

Tracy- buy some ramekins! It’s a cheap addition to your kitchen supplies.

Italian cook- thank you for visiting and for the nice compliment too!

Anna — March 16, 2008 @ 1:23 PM

Wow! What a great St. Patrick’s Day dessert. I’m not sure how I missed it. I’m going to link to it from my slow growing St. Patrick’s Day collection :).