Oven- Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic, Olive Oil and Lemon Juice

Side dishes don’t get the recognition they deserve on most blogs. They’re often shoved aside to make room for the main dish star or the baking masterpiece. Well, here’s a side dish not to be looked over: Oven- Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic, Olive Oil and Lemon Juice.

Even if you’re not typically a fan of this creamy white, strange-textured vegetable… this dish may sway you to swing the other way. Sliced garlic and lemon juice are roasted right into the cauliflower. Roasting imparts wonderful flavors unto this veggie. Wonderful flavors that you should not miss.

Add a sprinkle of Parmesan and chopped chives to the steaming hot, roasted cauliflower and serve it up right away. We enjoyed this with Sauteed Chicken with Olives, Capers and Roasted Lemons. And I do mean that we really enjoyed this. Major restaurant quality side dish, for sure.

This recipe can be found HERE.

37 Responses to “Oven- Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic, Olive Oil and Lemon Juice”

Anonymous — May 19, 2008 @ 11:28 AM

I love cauliflower and I’m always looking for new ways to prepare it. This looks awesome, can’t wait to try it!
    Val

Manggy — May 19, 2008 @ 12:22 PM

Frankly, anyone who isn’t a fan of cauliflower is no friend of mine! Haha. :) I love it roasted :)

Gretchen Noelle — May 19, 2008 @ 1:32 PM

This looks delicious! I haven’t seen any good cauliflower for awhile. i will keep this in mind for when I do!

Dee — May 19, 2008 @ 2:45 PM

And to think I just saute mine with garlic :( I need to get more creative with my veg; I’ll start here, if you don’t mind :)

Jenny — May 19, 2008 @ 3:08 PM

Mmmm,
    I haven’t made cauliflower in a long time. This really looks delish!

Lina — May 19, 2008 @ 3:14 PM

seems like a simple and yummy dish! I must try this soon!

Catherine Wilkinson — May 19, 2008 @ 3:16 PM

I just love love love roasted cauliflower…such an improved flavor over boiling the heck out of it. I’ve pureed roasted cauliflower for soup and it was great!

Peter M — May 19, 2008 @ 3:18 PM

I don’t get why people don’t like cauliflower…it’s great steamed, a base for a soup or, roasted like in this instance.

Grace — May 19, 2008 @ 5:01 PM

collyflower is so underrated and underused. i personally don’t care for it raw, but it’s good steamed and GREAT roasted. way to bring some much-deserved attention to this veggie!

ellesnewenglandkitchen — May 19, 2008 @ 5:13 PM

I keep meaning to try oven roasting cauliflower! And you can’t go wring with garlic, olive oil and lemon, either. Looks great!

Abby — May 19, 2008 @ 5:17 PM

Cauliflower is one of my most favorite vegetables – raw and cooked. I’ve taught my husband to eat it roasted and baked, too! (Raw? He’s not so into it. Yet.)

diva — May 19, 2008 @ 6:09 PM

hmm i like the combination of flavours! something different from the usual cauliflower and cheese :)

Rosie — May 19, 2008 @ 6:56 PM

I really like the sound of this cauliflower dish! It looks so good and one that is a must try :)

Rosie x

CookiePie — May 19, 2008 @ 8:08 PM

Deeelish! Roasting makes yummy cauliflower even better – and I love all of your add-ons! Yum yum.

Amy — May 19, 2008 @ 8:53 PM

Ooh I love roasted cauliflower!

HoneyB — May 19, 2008 @ 10:12 PM

Tonight I’m tired. Lori, would you please come over to my place to cook? :-p

Antonio Tahhan — May 20, 2008 @ 5:10 AM

I think this post brought together a small niche of cauliflower enthusiasts, haha!! I love mine fried, but often find myself baking it as you did to be a bit healthier!

Prudy — May 20, 2008 @ 6:16 AM

Oh, how I adore the humble cauliflower. It was actually my food craving when I was pregnant with my son. I ate it all day long, in between dishes of ice cream. It is so yummy roasted. My new favorite way is to roast it with green beans and cherry tomatoes. YUM

noble pig — May 20, 2008 @ 8:25 AM

I have yet to try this and I need to. Everyone says this is the only way to make cauliflower.

canarygirl — May 20, 2008 @ 12:01 PM

I just LOVE cauliflower prepared this way! Sooo good! :)

Susan from Food Blogga — May 20, 2008 @ 12:37 PM

Wow! This is the 3rd roasted cauliflower recipe I’ve seen this morning. I think it’s a sign I should make some. That’s not a bad thing since yours looks so delicious!

VeggieGirl — May 20, 2008 @ 1:17 PM

You know, you’re absolutely right – side dishes certainly DON’T get the recognition that they deserve on most blogs (guilty as charged!). Kudos to you for granting a side dish the spotlight – especially a side dish featuring cauliflower and garlic (two of my all-time favorite vegetables/ingredients). Yum!

Veronica — May 20, 2008 @ 1:21 PM

I’m ashamed to say this, but I’ve only eaten cauliflower raw. I’m going to have to try this-it really looks good.

Half Baked — May 20, 2008 @ 1:53 PM

I love cauliflower and this looks great!

swirlingnotions — May 20, 2008 @ 5:27 PM

This is one of my favorite, favorite, favorite dishes ever! Sometimes, when I’m feeling a big decadent, I’ll whip up an aioli and serve it with the cauliflower as an hors d’oeuvre.

Great blog!

Lori Lynn — May 20, 2008 @ 5:30 PM

Looks great. Sounds like a perfect accompaniment to your fabulous chicken dish. A real winner!

Mansi Desai — May 20, 2008 @ 5:45 PM

This looks like a refreshing blend of flavors! I love it!:) thanks for sharing:) I made something similar with roasted asparagus yesterday and posted it today:)

btw, I’m hosting the Monthly Mingle on my blog this month and would love to have you participate!:) pls check details on my blog

Renaedujou — May 20, 2008 @ 8:51 PM

I need more recipes for cauliflower and I love to roast vegetables. It’s so easy and always tastes delicous. Wonderful recipe.

Josie — May 20, 2008 @ 9:18 PM

Wow that looks amazing… I might have to keep an eye out for cauliflower this summer at the farmer’s market.

Mary Coleman — May 21, 2008 @ 12:08 AM

oh yea. this rocks!

Angela — May 21, 2008 @ 11:02 AM

I’m so glad you posted this! I love cauliflower but I’m not typically drawn to it in the grocery store. I’ve always loved the flavors that come out in roasting though. Thanks for the inspiration!

Meghan — May 21, 2008 @ 3:13 PM

THANK YOU! Thank you for giving cauliflower the recognition it deserves. Left on vegetable trays all over the world….

I use it for a lot of dishes… roasting it sounds wonderful! I’m adding this to my list of things to make!

Karen — May 21, 2008 @ 9:57 PM

Lori,
    I absolutely love cauliflower done this way. I had my first taste this veggie back in December and I’ve never looked back.

Oh! And I tried roasted lemons tonight. Absolutely wonderful. I used asparagus, green garlic and lemons and paired it with turbot and parmesan cheese. Nice, light, dinner that smelled amazing.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Cynthia — May 22, 2008 @ 2:53 AM

This, I definitely have to try.

Kevin — May 23, 2008 @ 2:09 AM

Roasted cauliflower is the way to go! I will have to try it with lemon and garlic.

Sally Parrott Ashbrook — May 26, 2008 @ 3:57 PM

Roasting cauliflower with lemon truly does elevate it.

Zo — July 12, 2008 @ 2:02 AM

Roast cauliflower is amazing indeed – will try with lemon and garlic.