Oven- Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic, Olive Oil and Lemon Juice

Side dishes don’t get the recognition they deserve on most blogs. They’re often shoved aside to make room for the main dish star or the baking masterpiece. Well, here’s a side dish not to be looked over: Oven- Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic, Olive Oil and Lemon Juice.

Even if you’re not typically a fan of this creamy white, strange-textured vegetable… this dish may sway you to swing the other way. Sliced garlic and lemon juice are roasted right into the cauliflower. Roasting imparts wonderful flavors unto this veggie. Wonderful flavors that you should not miss.

Add a sprinkle of Parmesan and chopped chives to the steaming hot, roasted cauliflower and serve it up right away. We enjoyed this with Sauteed Chicken with Olives, Capers and Roasted Lemons. And I do mean that we really enjoyed this. Major restaurant quality side dish, for sure.

This recipe can be found HERE.

37 Responses to “Oven- Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic, Olive Oil and Lemon Juice”

1. postedMay 19, 2008 11:28 AM

I love cauliflower and I’m always looking for new ways to prepare it. This looks awesome, can’t wait to try it!

2. postedMay 19, 2008 12:22 PM

Frankly, anyone who isn’t a fan of cauliflower is no friend of mine! Haha. :) I love it roasted :)

3. postedMay 19, 2008 1:32 PM
    Gretchen Noelle

This looks delicious! I haven’t seen any good cauliflower for awhile. i will keep this in mind for when I do!

4. postedMay 19, 2008 2:45 PM

And to think I just saute mine with garlic :( I need to get more creative with my veg; I’ll start here, if you don’t mind :)

5. postedMay 19, 2008 3:08 PM

I haven’t made cauliflower in a long time. This really looks delish!

6. postedMay 19, 2008 3:14 PM

seems like a simple and yummy dish! I must try this soon!

7. postedMay 19, 2008 3:16 PM
    Catherine Wilkinson

I just love love love roasted cauliflower…such an improved flavor over boiling the heck out of it. I’ve pureed roasted cauliflower for soup and it was great!

8. postedMay 19, 2008 3:18 PM
    Peter M

I don’t get why people don’t like cauliflower…it’s great steamed, a base for a soup or, roasted like in this instance.

9. postedMay 19, 2008 5:01 PM

collyflower is so underrated and underused. i personally don’t care for it raw, but it’s good steamed and GREAT roasted. way to bring some much-deserved attention to this veggie!

10. postedMay 19, 2008 5:13 PM

I keep meaning to try oven roasting cauliflower! And you can’t go wring with garlic, olive oil and lemon, either. Looks great!

11. postedMay 19, 2008 5:17 PM

Cauliflower is one of my most favorite vegetables – raw and cooked. I’ve taught my husband to eat it roasted and baked, too! (Raw? He’s not so into it. Yet.)

12. postedMay 19, 2008 6:09 PM

hmm i like the combination of flavours! something different from the usual cauliflower and cheese :)

13. postedMay 19, 2008 6:56 PM

I really like the sound of this cauliflower dish! It looks so good and one that is a must try :)

Rosie x

14. postedMay 19, 2008 8:08 PM

Deeelish! Roasting makes yummy cauliflower even better – and I love all of your add-ons! Yum yum.

15. postedMay 19, 2008 8:53 PM

Ooh I love roasted cauliflower!

16. postedMay 19, 2008 10:12 PM

Tonight I’m tired. Lori, would you please come over to my place to cook? :-p

17. postedMay 20, 2008 5:10 AM
    Antonio Tahhan

I think this post brought together a small niche of cauliflower enthusiasts, haha!! I love mine fried, but often find myself baking it as you did to be a bit healthier!

18. postedMay 20, 2008 6:16 AM

Oh, how I adore the humble cauliflower. It was actually my food craving when I was pregnant with my son. I ate it all day long, in between dishes of ice cream. It is so yummy roasted. My new favorite way is to roast it with green beans and cherry tomatoes. YUM

19. postedMay 20, 2008 8:25 AM
    noble pig

I have yet to try this and I need to. Everyone says this is the only way to make cauliflower.

20. postedMay 20, 2008 12:01 PM

I just LOVE cauliflower prepared this way! Sooo good! :)

21. postedMay 20, 2008 12:37 PM
    Susan from Food Blogga

Wow! This is the 3rd roasted cauliflower recipe I’ve seen this morning. I think it’s a sign I should make some. That’s not a bad thing since yours looks so delicious!

22. postedMay 20, 2008 1:17 PM

You know, you’re absolutely right – side dishes certainly DON’T get the recognition that they deserve on most blogs (guilty as charged!). Kudos to you for granting a side dish the spotlight – especially a side dish featuring cauliflower and garlic (two of my all-time favorite vegetables/ingredients). Yum!

23. postedMay 20, 2008 1:21 PM

I’m ashamed to say this, but I’ve only eaten cauliflower raw. I’m going to have to try this-it really looks good.

24. postedMay 20, 2008 1:53 PM
    Half Baked

I love cauliflower and this looks great!

25. postedMay 20, 2008 5:27 PM

This is one of my favorite, favorite, favorite dishes ever! Sometimes, when I’m feeling a big decadent, I’ll whip up an aioli and serve it with the cauliflower as an hors d’oeuvre.

Great blog!

26. postedMay 20, 2008 5:30 PM
    Lori Lynn

Looks great. Sounds like a perfect accompaniment to your fabulous chicken dish. A real winner!

27. postedMay 20, 2008 5:45 PM
    Mansi Desai

This looks like a refreshing blend of flavors! I love it!:) thanks for sharing:) I made something similar with roasted asparagus yesterday and posted it today:)

btw, I’m hosting the Monthly Mingle on my blog this month and would love to have you participate!:) pls check details on my blog

28. postedMay 20, 2008 8:51 PM

I need more recipes for cauliflower and I love to roast vegetables. It’s so easy and always tastes delicous. Wonderful recipe.

29. postedMay 20, 2008 9:18 PM

Wow that looks amazing… I might have to keep an eye out for cauliflower this summer at the farmer’s market.

30. postedMay 21, 2008 12:08 AM
    Mary Coleman

oh yea. this rocks!

31. postedMay 21, 2008 11:02 AM

I’m so glad you posted this! I love cauliflower but I’m not typically drawn to it in the grocery store. I’ve always loved the flavors that come out in roasting though. Thanks for the inspiration!

32. postedMay 21, 2008 3:13 PM

THANK YOU! Thank you for giving cauliflower the recognition it deserves. Left on vegetable trays all over the world….

I use it for a lot of dishes… roasting it sounds wonderful! I’m adding this to my list of things to make!

33. postedMay 21, 2008 9:57 PM

I absolutely love cauliflower done this way. I had my first taste this veggie back in December and I’ve never looked back.

Oh! And I tried roasted lemons tonight. Absolutely wonderful. I used asparagus, green garlic and lemons and paired it with turbot and parmesan cheese. Nice, light, dinner that smelled amazing.

Thanks for the suggestion!

34. postedMay 22, 2008 2:53 AM

This, I definitely have to try.

35. postedMay 23, 2008 2:09 AM

Roasted cauliflower is the way to go! I will have to try it with lemon and garlic.

36. postedMay 26, 2008 3:57 PM
    Sally Parrott Ashbrook

Roasting cauliflower with lemon truly does elevate it.

37. postedJul 12, 2008 2:02 AM

Roast cauliflower is amazing indeed – will try with lemon and garlic.