Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 1 hr
2 tablespoons salted butter, softened
4-ounces fat-free cream cheese
1 cup granulated white sugar
1 large egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups fresh huckleberries
2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch round pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and cream cheese. Gradually beat in the sugar until well-blended. Add egg and beat well.
3. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in separate bowl. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the cream mixture. Stir in the vanilla. Fold the berries in gently.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Combine the topping ingredients in a small bowl and the sprinkle over the batter.
5. Bake for 1 hour. Let cool before serving.
*You may substitute blueberries for the huckleberries.
Source: RecipeGirl.com (recipe given to RG- apparently from a Cooking Light cookbook)