This recipe has been featured in a post on The Recipe Girl blog: Best of 2007- Breads
Marbled Chocolate- Banana Bread
Yield: 1 loaf (16 servings)
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 1 hr, 15 min
My son won a blue ribbon with this recipe at our County Fair!
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated white sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
1/2 cup egg substitute
1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8 1/2 x 4 1/2- inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and level with knife. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk together to mix.
3. In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter together on medium- speed until well blended (about 1 minute). Add banana, egg sub., and yogurt; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist.
4. Place chocolate chips in a medium microwave- safe bowl, and microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth. Cool slightly. Add 1 cup of batter to chocolate, stirring until well combined. Spoon chocolate batter alternately with plain batter into prepared pan. Swirl batters together with a knife.
5. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.Nutritional Information per serving:
Serving size: 1/16th of the loaf
Calories per serving: 183
Fat per serving: 4.7g
Saturated Fat per serving: 2.9g
Sugar per serving: 15.16g
Fiber per serving: 1.3g
Protein per serving: 3.3g
Cholesterol per serving: 8mg
Carbohydrates per serving: 33g
WW POINTS per serving:
Points Plus Program: 5 Old Points Program: 4
Source: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted from Cooking Light)